So long, Sonoma County

May 14, 2019 TressaFM 0 Comments

Well, friends, the next chapter of Path & Paw is unfolding...




My husband was recently offered a job in the Sacramento area, and with the promise of better pay, combined with the lower cost of living, it's too good to turn down.

We've so enjoyed our last few years here in Sonoma County, especially me because this is where I grew up! Being around family and living in such a beautiful place has been a gift, and I'm eternally grateful to all the wonderful pups and people that have helped my business grow and thrive here. Some of you may know that when we first moved out here, we were living with my grandma and building a tiny home from a barn on her property, which was lost (along with her home and all of our possessions) in the October 2017 wildfires.

We were overwhelming by the outpouring of love and support by our friends, family, and community, and were fortunate enough to be able to move into a back house on my father's property, where we're currently living. Without that help, we would have had to leave the area long ago. But now we're ready to look for a home that can accommodate the two humans and three animals in our family with a little more space, and as we look at Sonoma County real estate, it's become evident that it's time for us to move on. 

I have been fortunate enough to receive a job offer at the Sacramento SPCA, working in their Behavior Department, and I'm excited to dive into the Sacramento dog community and begin to get my name back out there and meet more dog owners that want to learn about using positive reinforcement to communicate with their pets. If you'd like to help me with this, please consider leaving me a review on Yelp or Facebook!

I have a few clients that have proposed the idea of me returning to Sonoma County, perhaps monthly, and offering a day of sessions to my clients here, so that's something I'll be considering as I get settled in my new home. Let me know if you'd like to be "in the loop" about potential training slots during these visits. 

Once again, a huge thank you to all of you who have invited me into your lives, referred me to your friends, and become friends of mine, as well! I love you all, and as excited as I am about the new possibilities in my future, I am sad to say goodbye to such a wonderful community of dog lovers.